Okay, so the holidays are fast approaching and I need help! Anyone have any inexpensive Christmas gift ideas either to purchase or make?
17 years ago
Okay, so the holidays are fast approaching and I need help! Anyone have any inexpensive Christmas gift ideas either to purchase or make?
2 comments:
For neighbors I would say something homemade - a festive plate of cookies for instance. I have a good friend that does frosted sugar cookies every year. They have a "secret" recipe so it is something fun to look forward to. For family I would say something edible but unique (you can never go wrong with food). For instance a big chocolate bar - but one of those fancy new flavors that takes up several shelves at Wal-mart. So all my ideas are food - I guess you tell this is all coming from a guy. :D
For November Enrichment my ward had a class on Gifts in a Jar
gifts in a jar. There are all sorts of recipies for things you can put in a jar - then you can choose how simple or fancy you want to decorate the jar. On the fly? Just cut a circle of fabric for the lid and hold it in place with a rubberband, you are good to go! Got a bit more time? Get out the paints and the glitter and let your creative muse run wild.
You can recycle old jars from mayonnaise or peanut butter OR buy some fancy jar or a nice tupperware/rubbermaid container so the person is getting the container as well as the contents as part of the gift.
Whatever you decide to do, have fun with it!
Post a Comment