We had a great dinner last night and it totally surprised my DH and SIL. We had dessert for dinner and dinner for dessert, right? Well, almost.

Dessert - Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Can you guess what they really were? The cupcakes were really meatloaf with mashed potatoes on top; the cake was cornbread with honey butter drizzled on top; and the mashed potatoes and gravy was ice cream with caramel topping.
The look on my husbands face as he tried the "frosting" first was great. His mind was thinking sweet and when he tasted salty it was gross. Once he realized it was potatoes, however, he enjoyed the meal. Bugs, just began eating. Even though I'm sure it didn't taste like what she was expecting.

5 comments:
Kris,
that is really a fantastic idea!! Where on earth did you come up with it all?? WAY COOL!!!!!! Two thumbs up all the way!
Too cute for words. I would never think of something like that or have the ambition to do it. You are SO cool! :)
I'm totally theiving that idea and bringing that meal to the courthouse deputies. It would be HILLARIOUS!
THANK YOU SO much for the idea! It was much easier than the meatloaf layer cake I was going to make. You have awesome ideas. I am going to comment on the rest, but I have to go to bed. We have soccer in the morning. Later...I promise!
Awesome!
Post a Comment