Thursday, October 30, 2008

Musical Memories

Okay - I know it's way late and my boy will probably wake up at 5. Wahoo! No, not really. I was a beast today. Anyway, I digress. Back to the subject...

I was on my way home from work and a song came on the radio that blasted me back to the past. There are a few others like that. Let me list the ones on my mind now, I might not remember in them morning. It was...

  • Blister in the Sun - Alivia. My mind flashed back to Liv and I singing this song while Mike (I think) played guitar. (High School)
  • Zombie - Melissa. We were skiing at Powder and could not get this song out of our heads for the life of us! (Jr. High)
  • It's all coming back to me now - Nicole. We were hanging at her house and she was putting on a new song, I asked her what it was called and she said, "It's all coming back to me now." So the song started, and I was still waiting for her to say the title...until the chorus came on and it all came together. (Jr. High, I think)
  • How Bizarre - Nyree. When this song came out I loved it. So every time Ny heard it on the radio she would call and tell me so I could hear it. What a friend! (High School)
  • "You've got the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen." - Erin. Okay, so I don't remember the title to this song, but that's a line in it and it reminds me of Erin...she liked a boy with blue eyes. (High School)

I'm sure there's so many more. I'll post as I remember. Oh, here's one that my friends will get a kick out of it..take a guess. Shebereber with me baby.

Oh, the good ol' CARE FREE (well mostly) days. Feel free to share in the comments. I love memory lane.

10 comments:

Alivia Burgess said...

AH Blister in the sun. I loved that song and I remember it on Tyler's front porch and I think Ty was playing guitar. I remember doing the hand part.

Cami said...

What about "Going to the country, gonna each a lot of peaches." Any memories with that song? HAHAHAHA.

Janalyn and Rob said...

I remember that you loved How Bizarre. I think of you every time I hear it. I can still picture you singing along to it! :)

Amanda said...

You took me back! :) Cute post!

Kris said...

Liv - you're probably right.

Cam - Now why oh why in the WORLD would you bring that song up??????? Ewwww. :) Kind of almost like being shot in Mexico!

JP - remember that nickname? That song is actually my ring tone.

Amanda - ah memories!

Nyree said...

Oh my goodness! I love how you post memories, how fun! But I am thinking.... that's a bit that I called you-what kind of weirdo was I?

Hernandez Family said...

Shebereber with me baby! Everytime I hear that song by Mariah Carrey I sing it your way instead of what it really is suppose to be. Oh and speaking of memories! Pure Luck, Pure Luck.

James and Erin Joseph said...

Kris, it was "I Love You Always Forever" - Donna Lewis. I can still remember riding the bus home from an away game one night, sitting there next to you talking, when that song came on....ah memories!

Nyree said...

Hey... I tagged you!

Amber said...

That is so funny! Remember the one that they always played at stomps about the "choo choo train" I can't remember how it goes exactly but every time I hear that song I think of high school. Oh, and Kris, you will remember this one... "I"ll tell you what I want" by the Spice Girls at cheer camp. We have the craziest pictures of that.:)